The Zero Runner ZR7 is a unique cardio trainer built in the USA by Octane Fitness. It’s named for what it lets people do: run with zero harsh impact! Additionally the ZR7 supports walking, jogging and simulated climbing. Its elliptical footpath naturally adjusts to match the user’s gait up to 58”. For all exercise types this machine suspends the entire body to allow very efficient cardio training and calorie burn without straining sensitive joints, muscles or connective tissues. Its combination of stride versatility and zero impact makes the Zero Runner ZR7 a popular alternative to elliptical trainers, stair climbers and treadmills.
The Zero Runner ZR7 in this review, unlike the ZR8, does not have moving arm bars. It’s sold with optional cross training equipment for upper body exercise and gives access to cross training workouts as well as standard lower body workouts. These workouts are delivered by the digital training platform SmartLink. In addition to featuring hundreds of well-categorized tutorial videos and preset training programs, SmartLink can set up personalized 30-day, 60-day and 90-day exercise plans. With each workout session the Octane ZR7 can provide gait analysis along with heart rate, distance covered and other key statistics on its LCD screen. Trainees can save data in SmartLink for long-term tracking.
Octane Fitness has paired the Zero Runner ZR7 with a competitive warranty package that provides five years of parts protection among other benefits.
Here are some selling points for the Octane ZR7 Zero Runner:
• Functions as a stair climber, elliptical and treadmill
• Zero-impact design minimizes the risk of injury
• Bluetooth© included for workout programs and data tracking
• Can hold a tablet computer (Two locations)
• Heart rate monitoring (Wireless and contact)
• Gait analysis to promote healthy posture and endurance
• Water bottle holder
• Optional attachments for strength training
• Low step-up height for comfort and to fit in rooms with low ceilings
• Cordless design lets the machine work anywhere
• Not too bulky for home use (Footprint is 38” x 63”)
• Transport wheels
• Generous warranty (Five years for parts, lifetime for the frame, one year labor)